Monday, October 17, 2011

Lace for Less

Lace is classic, romantic, and overly ladylike.  I fell in love with the Diane von Furstenberg dress on the left when I saw it on ShopBop.  The cut is perfectly flattering and the exposed lace edges is what I love most, but I have tons of dresses and I just can't justify spending $325 for a dress that I have no reason to buy [the devil on my shoulder says this reasoning is flawed].  I did set out to find comparable replacements though and thought the Zara and h&m ones were pretty damn close, which of course, makes me happy.  The nice thing about lace is that you can easily go in two directions with styling it: keep it clean and feminine, sticking with accessories like flats, pumps, and layering simple jewelry or you can toughen it up with boots and blazers to add a balance of menswear to the outfit.  Either way, it's a win.


Lace for Less


Diane von Furstenberg ivory lace dress
£293 - matchesfashion.com

Short lace dress
$48 - nordstrom.com

Velvet Torch scoop back dress
$46 - nordstrom.com

French Connection cocktail party dress
$90 - usa.frenchconnection.com

H M corset dress
£30 - hm.com

H M lace dress
£25 - hm.com

Zara short dress
$60 - zara.com

Miss Selfridge lace cocktail dress
£45 - missselfridge.com

Oasis lace dress
$27 - oasis-stores.com

No comments:

Post a Comment