Thursday, May 3, 2012

Shorts of Sorts

Over the years, as I've become more comfortable with my body, I've grown to love shorts and even more so, printed shorts.  They're pretty much the bee's knees when it comes to my summer time wardrobe.  Growing up in Florida, and now residing in Atlanta, shorts are a staple in my closet.  Lately though, I've branched out and allowed them to dress me up instead of letting them cover me up [or lack thereof] with their stereotypical casualness. 

Dressing up shorts is fun and comfortable and a great alternative, especially for someone who shouldn't be wearing anything with an opening [i.e. skirts and dresses] when drinking my morning, mid-morning, afternoon, and dinner cocktail.  What I love most though, is seeing shorts styled in the intermediate phase...you know, not with a boring t-shirt, but not with heels.  My latest obsession is shorts with blouses and lightweight knits and cute sandals or flats.  What's there not to love?  The comfort is there, but so is the style and warm feeling of looking put together, without having to sacrifice a body part.

Shorts of Sorts



J Crew crewneck sweater
$65 - jcrew.com

Equipment sports shirt
$329 - my-wardrobe.com

J Crew silk shirt
$100 - net-a-porter.com

Mango cotton shirt
£30 - mango.com

Vero Moda cotton sweater
€65 - welikefashion.com

Kookai long sleeve top
£41 - houseoffraser.co.uk

Yellow tank
£13 - debenhams.com

H&M short shorts
£13 - hm.com

Short shorts
$45 - topshop.com

Hot shorts
$70 - topshop.com

H&M printed shorts
£20 - hm.com

Glamorous high rise shorts
£22 - bankfashion.co.uk

Tory Burch twill shorts
$175 - net-a-porter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment