Tuesday, May 15, 2012

U.S.A.

I like to think of myself as an extremely patriotic individual.  I love everything about this country, its colors, and its freedom.  That got deep.  Therefore, you can imagine how excited I was to see our Olympic athletes splashed across the cover of Vogue!  The amount of excitement and support that comes from the citizens of each country is so motivating and amazing to witness.  I hear stories from friends' parents about the '96 Olympics in Atlanta and it makes me want to someday attend the games.  And, although I was only willing to jump into the foam pit as a child, I can't get enough of the gymnastics.  Who would have thought meeting Keri Strugg when I was in the 5th grade [for winning a patriotic essay contest, none the less] would take me from complete indifference to adoring these tiny little muscular creatures [can't include the guys I'm afraid, they're a little too creepy looking for me].  Counting the days until July 27th!  #USAUSAUSA


P.S. Phelps is a goob, but Ryan Lochte is a god. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment