Monday, July 25, 2011

The Amazing RZ Cape

Although nothing usually compares to the original, especially in fashion, look-a-like garments [not knockoffs people, similar details and styles] are welcomed to most shoppers, especially if they come with a lower price tag. I welcome them with a bear hug. Come Fall we'll be seeing a lot of capes again throughout stores. Why? Because capes are a god send for lazy people like me. Don't get me wrong, I like to look put together, but in the colder temps a heavy layer can get extremely bulky and uncomfortable. This is where the cape comes in. This garment still provides the added warmth needed to ensure you make it another day, while not conjoining you to the 5 or more layers you have been forced to wear and yet at the end, somehow still adds polish to your outfit. [I should warn that not all capes will have this effect, such as those of the magical nature] Short story long, I've found myself looking at the Rachel Zoe Collection cape since its introduction months ago. It is gorgeous. I want to try it on. In the meantime, I'll try and find a substitute that can fill the whole in my heart. Oh, and I guess I can wait until it actually gets out of the 90s and I can actually think practically about something.











photos via Nordstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment