Friday, September 30, 2011

fridizzle

Sorry folks, if I happen to say anything that makes you question our virtual friendship I have no excuses, other than I was at work until 1:30am [in the words of a fellow Marta rider's t-shirt I saw going to the airport "I love chasin' paper"].  Along the same lines...I'll be spending some of that paper [I promise I won't stop after that one] tonight when I see What's Your Number? with lady friends at the new theater/restaurant Cinebistro [check these out if there's one in your area].  This is my weekend.  Filled with resting and relaxation.

But onto what Fridays are really about...the etsy feature friday is for the best wooden sign I have yet to see on this bad boy of a website.  The artist, Slippin Southern, hails from North Carolina.  I don't have deep southern roots.  Originating from Seattle, I also don't come with much of an accent {thank ya Jesus}.  But the one thing that has stuck with me these past years is the word y'all.  My non-southern friends find this word HElarious.  Lovingly mocking me and I don't care.  I may never use "fixin," but I'll be damned if you don't hear y'all come out of my mouth til I die.  But don't worry, I also like to mock myself.  It is quite possibly the funniest, easiest way in which to carry on the southern stereotype that is [mostly] false.  But, seriously, I want this sign....somewhere in my future house.




photos via etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment