Tuesday, September 20, 2011

braid it gurl.

I love a good cornrow braid.  Why you ask?  Because it is the easiest and prettiest way to tame the tresses.  Sleek or messy, it always looks stylish [and you don't have to deal with hair in your face].  Lately, braids have made a solid comeback and there have been TONS of different, creative ways to go about getting them.  If we're being honest [and what are friends if they're not honest?] I should let you all know that I know how to do none of these special, beautiful braids and I have yet to date someone that is borderline gay enough to be willing to braid my hair in all these crazy fashions [fingers crossed my next GBF is also a hair stylist!].  So, I have sported the original, non-French braid with multiple bobby pins for years.  It works, but I'm dying to try some of the new variations.  Luckily for me I now have the option to fly to New York and pay a minimum of $45 for someone to do it for me!  Or I could just study the crap out of tutorials here, here, and here.

photos via pinterest

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting to try some of these! I think your hair texture is perfect for a loose braid!

    ReplyDelete