Thursday, March 8, 2012

collab, collab, wherever you are

So, this marks my 109123092+ post on high-end lines doing a collaboration with a lower-end retailer.  Now, don't get me wrong...I completely support these.  Making fashion obtainable to all budgets is something people should support.  Maybe not in the ripping off others' intellectual property, but in fashion partnerships if you will.  The latest one I discovered [I say discovered because I heard ZERO about it] is Rory Beca for Forever 21.  If you're not familiar with Rory Beca, she's Divine.  Her simple, frilly, feminine pieces fit into anyone's closet and come in the perfect prints and colors.  The F21 pieces stay true to her eponymous line's characteristics much to my delight because, let's be honest, the worst thing is for a high-end designer to create a collaboration that looks like pure shit.  If you didn't want people to wear the cheaper designs, why the heck did you make them?  The icing on the cake is the price range of the line: $14.80-$24.80.  Attack people, attack.



No comments:

Post a Comment