Tuesday, December 4, 2012

winter white

Years ago I was extremely insecure about wearing white after labor day...and then I just didn't care.  As long as I wasn't in linen or any overly summery outfit I didn't see the big deal.  It's white people, as in the same white as snow, which only arrives in the winter months [mostly].  Thankfully, the hybrid cream/white "winter white" has given us an excuse if anyone were to attack.  The ONE coat I do not own [actually one of two, I'm too cheap to invest in a leather jacket at the moment] is a winter white, ivory, white, etc. one.  I've looked, but didn't want to spend too much, knowing I would have to be very careful when wearing it [something I rarely am with anything I own].  This weekend I was browsing through Nordstrom and spotted a beautiful, classic cream boucle jacket in the TopShop section.  It caught my attention, but I wasn't committed until I saw that it was on sale for a sweet $75.  As soon as I put it on I knew that I was going to need to make a purchase.  Too Jackie O to walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment