Thursday, November 29, 2012

look for less

I haven't done a look for less post in awhile, and if we're being honest, I haven't done a post in general for awhile.  My apologies.  I've been completely overwhelmed with work, travel, holidays, and so much more, but I'm slowly trying to get back on track!  I didn't do much shopping on Black Friday or Cyber Monday and actually didn't buy anything for CM until late at night, when I found the bracelet in this here post discounted to a fraction of the one that's been holding my eye for almost a year.  Meet J.Crew's pave link bracelet.  If you are unfamiliar with this bracelet you may be living under a rock. 



Every blogger I follow seems to sport it, or one similar, but I have been hell bent on not spending $125 on a bracelet I know is worth maybe $30 [there's a first time for everything people].  Apparently the glass they use justifies a $40 price difference.  My love for J.Crew still remains, it's just a little tarnished after seeing such a ridiculous price tag.  Therefore, I've been searching endlessly for a look-a-like version, but most of them are still higher than I wanted to pay.  UNTIL good ol' Ann Taylor came out with their Evelyn Lauder link bracelet that looks identical to le crew's, but [preferably] lays flat on your wrist. 



FYI Ann Taylor almost always has some kind of discount going on.  Mine was 40% for CM, but they do 40% frequently and I recommend using the discount online because in store they tend to not honor discounts on items that go to charity [calm down people, online still gives the money to charity, so you're not hurting anyone].  This gem is $68 full price, putting it right at $40 after the discount.  I'll take it.

If you're wanting an exact look-a-like though, here are a few I found online for a little more:

Here, here, here, and here's just a joke of a price...and from Target nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment